Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

No One Knows What It Means, But It’s Provocative, It Gets The People Going | The Jose Vilson

No One Knows What It Means, But It’s Provocative, It Gets The People Going | The Jose Vilson:

No One Knows What It Means, But It’s Provocative, It Gets The People Going

via Village Voice

“… Wait, he said what?”

I pulled out my fingers to count how many kids that meant for one classroom.

“OK, so dude, you know that means I’m gonna have half my kids in the hallway while I teach, right?”

I started doing seating arrangements in my mind.

“Are you going to invest in carpets and place mats for every student who has to receive instruction from me and the now halved instructional staff in my building? Are some of the students going to have to take turns standing while receiving? Will you give me a reprieve from any sort of accountability for the next three years as I try to figure out how I can service a class with a double size roster? Will you abandon any discussion on differentiation