Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Election memories. « Fred Klonsky's blog

Election memories. « Fred Klonsky's blog:

Election memories.

As a general rule I am a guy who likes taking his politics to the street. It’s why I like the Occupation movement.

I was talking to someone, an old political activist like me, who muttered about how our generation needs to give the Occupation movement a more solid program. He called the Occupation spontaneous with a frown as if spontaneity was sticky and couldn’t be easily washed off.

We’ve had a few years to get our solid program together. Now, in the words of Maurice Sendak in Where the Wild Thing Are, I say, let the rumpus begin.

I’m thinking about this because this afternoon we hosted a neighborhood coffee for Will Guzzardi who is running against the corrupt Berrios Machine for a seat in the Ilinois House representing my 39th District which includes my Logan Square.

For a guy who is not big into electoral stuff, I find myself involved in another election campaign. Oh well.

The history goes all the way back to California in the sixties when I went bird dogging for a state-wide fair '