Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Michelle Rhee, Superstar | Mr. Teachbad

Michelle Rhee, Superstar | Mr. Teachbad:

Michelle Rhee, Superstar

Wow, Michelle Rhee.

I’d like to hitch my wagon to yours. I mean, we both know there is no evidence that you know much about much. Including teaching. It seems you were a mediocre or maybe even a pretty good teacher for…what was it…two years? “Two and through”, am I right?

Anyway, destiny was calling.

You are pushy, stubborn, self-righteous and ambitious. Those qualities can get one far almost anywhere. Very far. But I see little more than this in you. I don’t believe you care any more about kids than anybody else who says they care about kids, which is everybody.

You are a brash sack of talking points.

Or maybe you are just so much smarter than everybody else that you could see, in your two years as a teacher,