Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Burns, Booze and Sweat: A Recap of the 2011 SOS March in DC | Mr. D's Neighborhood #sosmarch

Burns, Booze and Sweat: A Recap of the 2011 SOS March in DC | Mr. D's Neighborhood

Burns, Booze and Sweat: A Recap of the 2011 SOS March in DC

Matt Damon at the SOS March, July 30, 2011 - Taken with my crappy Blackberry camera

Nothing is more awkward than confronting about a thousand people with nametags…and you don’t have one.

To be honest, I didn’t get to the SOS Conference at American University until Day 2, on Friday. Careening into the AU parking lot at quarter to ten in the morning, my mind was awash with witty remarks to excuse my lateness…

(“After the trooper guffawed in laughter, I got a warning and here I am!”)

Yet I just caught the end of the opening remarks as a wall of people collided with me. A mix of earnest do-