Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, June 19, 2011

School Tech Connect: Father's Day

School Tech Connect: Father's Day

Father's Day

This is the old man, circa 1960, younger than I am now. After I became a teacher, I figured out that a lot of kids have horrifying parents, and that my own weren't so bad after all. Still, the man was a mystery-- to me, at least. I mostly remember the last part of his life, which was no picnic, but now that I'm the custodian of his papers, I know that there was an individual with whom I was never quite acquainted, and that he was a pretty interesting fellow--- he wrote broadly on matters of religion, nature, philosophy, and science and--- it seems like he was interested in applying a wide-range of scientific principles to marketing.

I think I learned to read by plugging away at all the copies of Scientific