Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: Rahm: I don't like what they're doing in Wisconsin. However...

Mike Klonsky's SmallTalk Blog: Rahm: I don't like what they're doing in Wisconsin. However...

Rahm: I don't like what they're doing in Wisconsin. However...

Our new mayor's inauguration speech yesterday takes demagogy to new heights.
"I reject how leaders in Wisconsin and Ohio are exploiting their fiscal crisis to achieve a political goal. That course is not the right course for Chicago's future. However..."

Yes, if you want to know what these guys really think, always ignore the part that comes before the but or the however.

The mayor reminds me of Bush's Ed Sec. Rod Paige who wrote in his book, The War Against Hope, "I have no problem with teachers," he wrote. "What I do have a problem with are the powerful unions."

Whenever you hear someone begin a statement with, “I have no problem with…(blacks, Mexicans, Jews, or fill in the blank (_____), you know there’s a “but” coming and that they actually do have said problem. Paige definitely had a problem with teachers.

Rahm implies he doesn't go along with Gov. Walker's attacks on public employees'