Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Secretary of Education tells teachers things they didn’t know | theteachingwhore

Secretary of Education tells teachers things they didn’t know | theteachingwhore

Secretary of Education tells teachers things they didn’t know

Across America (TWP)

Arne Duncan, secretary of the U.S. Department of Education, recently said, “It is a fundamental, unalterable belief that every child can learn, and a fundamental understanding of the tremendous urgency of our work.”

Shaking with disbelief, Sacramento High School music teacher Sandra Estep said, “Wow. I never thought about what I do in that way. I am so ready to change the way I teach now that I know how fundamentally urgent it is in a fundamental way.”

Duncan and other education experts have recently revealed their plans for education reforms, reforms that have never occurred to teachers, such as ones Duncan noted: “Excellence in teaching, good professional