Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sage Advice From Teachbad | Mr. Teachbad's Blog of Teacher Disgruntlement

Sage Advice From Teachbad | Mr. Teachbad's Blog of Teacher Disgruntlement

Sage Advice From Teachbad

Dear Mr. Teachbad,

I am being told to add in two weeks of remediation without changing the curriculum. I have tried to point out that adding in 2 weeks of work will result in losing 2 weeks of work from the end of the curriculum…I am being labeled a troublemaker for pointing out this nicety. Other teachers who have been included in this edict are telling me off. How could I possibly say that this is changing the curriculum? Am I mad?

Crazedmummy

Dear Crazed:

I don’t get why the other teachers are upset with you about this. Usually teachers are too scared to say anything and run to thank the one person in the meeting who was willing to point out publicly that 2 plus 4 is not 19. The