Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Right-Wing Wisconsin Senator Fishes for Trouble with Capitol Protesters | FDL News Desk #WIunion #SolidarityWI

Right-Wing Wisconsin Senator Fishes for Trouble with Capitol Protesters | FDL News Desk

Right-Wing Wisconsin Senator Fishes for Trouble with Capitol Protesters

Wisconsin State Sen. Glenn Grothman (R) (photo: WisPolitics.com)

Last weekend I mentioned Wisconsin State Senator Glenn Grothman (R), who went on TV and said the protest movement in Wisconsin was nothing more than a bunch of kids “up for a demonstration.” One thing I didn’t mention there – I saw him later that day. I wouldn’t have recognized him without seeing him earlier on MSNBC, but he was in one of the hallways on the ground floor, peeking out at the protesters in the Rotunda. I was headed out the door at the time, and I thought about turning around and questioning him on the AFSCME corrections