Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, February 12, 2011

A teacher’s open letter to Nate Easley | DeFENSE

A teacher’s open letter to Nate Easley | DeFENSE

A teacher’s open letter to Nate Easley

My cat just died, so I’m having a pretty lousy evening. I’ve been watching her die for the last three days. I didn’t have enough money to take her to the vet.

You know what else is bugging me, Nate?

  • We got a new student at my school this week – a thirteen-year-old girl from Honduras who just spent four months alone in a detention center in Texas. I’ll be “to blame” for her CSAP scores in two weeks.
  • We got a new student at my school this week – an 8th grade boy who lives next to Bryant-Webster and attended there since 3rd grade. He just returned from living with his mom in New Mexico for the past 6