Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Saturday coffee. & Old School « Fred Klonsky's blog

Saturday coffee. « Fred Klonsky's blog

Saturday coffee.

We woke to a Saturday morning with about an inch of white stuff on the ground.

It has been a busy week back at work. I had a Smartboard installed in my classroom over break. With the usual lack of staff development that characterizes schools, I had to play around and teach myself some basics with the help of a few of the early adopters down the hall that have had Smartboards for a couple of years.

Frankly, the kids love it.

We were comparing tessellated designs to landscapes. I was pointing out that tessellations have no focal point. I had some students come up to a copy of Paris, Rainy Day by Gustave Caillebotte. “Circle the focal point,” I


Old School.

Marianne Faithful.