Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, January 6, 2011

“I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.” « Fred Klonsky's blog

“I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.” « Fred Klonsky's blog

“I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.”

When I was a kid I was addicted to Popeye cartoons on TV.

J. Wellington Wimpy, known as Wimpy, would always say, “I will gladly pay to Tuesday for a hamburger today.” It would crack me up, although I don’t know why it is funny.

Jim Broadway is reporting that the Illinois General Assembly is getting ready to pass a tax increase on Tuesday. Teacher union payback is expected to be delayed until the next session.

I’m not laughing.

As we entered this lame duck session (January 3-11) “reforms” in education, workers compensation and Medicaid seemed linked to a tax increase. The