Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, December 27, 2010

Larry Ferlazzo: The Best (and Worst) Education News of 2010

Larry Ferlazzo: The Best (and Worst) Education News of 2010
Larry Ferlazzo

Larry Ferlazzo

Posted: December 27, 2010 05:47 PM

It's been quite a year in the world of education.

Here's my humble attempt to identify the best and the worst education news that occurred during the past 12 months. I hope you'll take time to share your own choices in the comment section.

I'll list the ones I think are the best first, followed by the worst. However, it's too hard to rank them within those categories, so I'm not listing them in any order:

THE BEST EDUCATION NEWS IN 2010

* The great success of Diane Ravitch's book, The Death and Life of the Great American School System: How Testing and Choice Are Undermining Education, and her barnstorming the country in support of a positive vision for schools, administrators,