Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Dad at the Chalkboard: Fifth Grader One, High Schoolers ZERO.

Dad at the Chalkboard: Fifth Grader One, High Schoolers ZERO.

Fifth Grader One, High Schoolers ZERO.

I had one of those "so proud of my student" moments that teachers live for.

We took a trip today. Climbed aboard the shuddering yellow school buses and took the thirty minute drive up I-95 to tour the Constitution Center and Independence Hall in Philadelphia. It was a cloudless, seventy degree journey back in time to the founding of our nation.

One of the highlights of our annual trip is the twenty minute tour of the room where both the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution were drafted and signed. There is something profoundly moving about standing in the same room as the men who took a stand against King George and then created a framework

The Chalkboard Dad is the Mentally Sexiest Dad in America!

Awoke this morning to an email from the one and only Joe Schatz from Dad-Blogs.

Dad-Blogs has been running a great contest called The Mentally Sexiest Dad Competition. I loved the idea and thought 'what the hell?' and I decided to enter.

I wrote my entry, enlisted the help of the cutest little girl on the planet for the photo, and submitted.