Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

School Tech Connect: My Way Or The Highway

School Tech Connect: My Way Or The Highway

My Way Or The Highway

When I think of the scale of the bill that the President is threatening to vetobecause Congressman Obey has properly re-directed $500m away from the Race To The Test to go toward a $10b fund to help school districts stave off the coming mass layoff wave, it sort of solidifies a feeling I've had.

The feeling is that the President has spoken on the issue of public education.

He's against it.

He knows a good school when he sees one-- his daughters have always attended wonderful NAIS schools-- and he's determined to do every conceivable thing to the public schools that the NAIS schools would

Twitter Fun Fact Of The Day

Use the word "inconceivable" in a tweet. See if you get this in response:

Test Everything

The speech. This is just a piece of it:
I have been told by some people in the Obama Administration that the way to stop the narrowing of the curriculum is to test everything. In fact, the chancellor in Washington, D.C., the other day announced she plans to do exactly