Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Marijuana For A.D.D. Instead Of Adderal? - THE DAILY RIFF - Be Smarter. About Education.

Marijuana For A.D.D. Instead Of Adderal? - THE DAILY RIFF - Be Smarter. About Education.

Marijuana For A.D.D. Instead Of Adderal?



"Andrew, Weed Is Nothing Short Of A Miracle For Me"

A reader with a severe-sounding case of ADD writes in to Andrew Sullivan at his Daily Dish blog on The Atlantic's website:


"I'm a college student (should be writing my final paper right now, in fact), so there isn't any real stigma regarding smoking marijuana, but I do it for a much different reason than most of my friends. I'm 21 and I have rather severe Attention Deficit Disorder, something I've struggled with my entire life. The only medication that works for me at all is Adderall, which I think of as meth for rich people. However, while taking 25mg a day allows me to function normally as a student, it also makes me miserable . . ."

Check out the rest of his argument for a few tokes instead of "acceptable" prescription drugs:


". . . .Because of weed, I don't have to choose between being functional and feeling good. I don't like having to break the law, but as a well-off, clean-cut