Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, December 4, 2009

Class Struggle - Finally some sense about 21st century skills--part one, the Jerald report


Class Struggle - Finally some sense about 21st century skills--part one, the Jerald report:

"Just when I was losing hope of any practical advice on how our schools might adapt to the new century and the new economy, two smart people have come to save me. The first, Washington-based education analyst Craig Jerald, has produced a report, astonishingly clear and insightful for a topic usually riddled with hyperbole. The second, educator Tony Wagner, is the author of a ground-breaking book I should have read last year, but that's me, always having to catch up.

Today I will examine Jerald's report, since it is relatively new. Next week I will review Wagner's book. The week after that I hope to have a dialogue with Wagner, since we have some differences that will be easier to resolve if he can defend himself against my possibly ill-informed gibes."