Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, February 5, 2021

NYC Educator: Nobody Wants to Talk to the Principal

NYC Educator: Nobody Wants to Talk to the Principal
Nobody Wants to Talk to the Principal


You know, any job you take in which you're a nominal leader of anything will be inconvenient. People don't always agree, and where there's disagreement, there's often blame as well. Someone is always mad at you for something or other. It's part and parcel of the job, no matter how much (or little) power you actually have. 

But usually, someone will stand up for you too. I'm not sure about principals, though. You'd have to ask them, I guess.

In my classes, whenever I give the first assignment of the day, I take attendance. I've gotten it down to a science. Zoom is very odd in that it generally alphabetizes students by their first name. Why that is I have no idea. And there are inexplicable exceptions.

We use Skedula to take attendance, and I've  CONTINUE READING: NYC Educator: Nobody Wants to Talk to the Principal