Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, January 10, 2021

Teachable Moments – The Insurrection on the Capitol: How can we “teach” students to be warriors of Democracy? | Ed In The Apple

Teachable Moments – The Insurrection on the Capitol: How can we “teach” students to be warriors of Democracy? | Ed In The Apple
Teachable Moments – The Insurrection on the Capitol: How can we “teach” students to be warriors of Democracy?




Last week I researched my blog topic, the role of the Congress in counting the electoral votes, a pro forma process; I reread the Constitution and the Electoral Count Act of 1887 and posted the blog.

“Will Republican Senators and House Member ‘Objections’ Prevent the Election of Biden/Harris? Why January 6th Will Be an ‘Interesting’ Day,” (Read here)

Little did I know …..

Wednesday morning, as usual, I donned my dri-fit winter biking clothes pedaled around the almost deserted roads; awaiting my steaming black coffee; and turned on MSNBC. The media announced the Ossoff-Perdue race – the democrats won both Georgia seats and will control the Senate – barely. Senator Schumer will be the majority leader and control the Senate calendar and the bills that come to the floor.  I pumped my fist, “Yes.”

The combined meeting of Congress gathered and I settled in to watch the constitutional process, it looked like a long day with thirteen Republican senators and over 130 Houses members “objecting.” 

The insurrection exploded.

Watching a momentous moment in history from your easy chair is  CONTINUE READING: Teachable Moments – The Insurrection on the Capitol: How can we “teach” students to be warriors of Democracy? | Ed In The Apple