Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, March 7, 2020

Bernie Sanders Would Be the First Jewish President – What That Means to Me | gadflyonthewallblog

Bernie Sanders Would Be the First Jewish President – What That Means to Me | gadflyonthewallblog

Bernie Sanders Would Be the First Jewish President – What That Means to Me

Being Jewish is not something I advertise.
Some of my earliest memories are trying to explain to school friends that no, I didn’t kill Jesus – and, yes, I do eat matzo but it isn’t made with baby’s blood – and would they like to come over to my house and play Legos?
I’ve been called “yid,” “kike,” “heeb,” even just plain “Jew” with the lips curled and the word hurled at me like a knife.
Heck. When I was a kid even the bus driver called me “moneybags,” though my family was far from rich.
So it makes sense to me that Bernie Sanders isn’t running for President as a Jew first.
He’s running on his policies and experience.
But it still hurts when pundits complain that there are now just two white men vying for the democratic nomination.
Um. Okay.

Sanders IS Jewish. You know that, right? If he were elected, it would not be business CONTINUE READING: Bernie Sanders Would Be the First Jewish President – What That Means to Me | gadflyonthewallblog