Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, June 27, 2016

Mónica Ratliff for City Council 2017

Mónica Ratliff for City Council 2017:

Meet Ms. Ratliff

Monica Natural
My name is Mónica Ratliff and I'm a teacher and a school boardmember.
In 2013, voters of School Board District 6, which includes Sunland-Tujunga, where I make my home, Lake View Terrace, La Tuna Canyon, North Hills, Mission Hills, Shadow Hills, Sylmar and Pacoima, gave me the honor of serving on the Los Angeles Unified School District's Board of Education. With over 600,000 students and a budget of 7 billion dollars, it was a challenge I embraced with an immense amount of responsibility. I promised the voters of our district: transparency, accountability, safety, support of the arts and to support schools that work.
Our campaign to get to the board seat succeeded thanks to donations from hard-working teachers, neighbors, friends, family and believers.  Some even told me that they knew they were throwing their money away since they felt that I had no chance without any political connections. Opponents spent a combined 2.2 million dollars while we spent under 88 thousand dollars. Thanks to the faith of the voters, I was sworn in to the board seat not owing  anyone other than the voters.  And after my four year term ends in July 2017, I hope, with your help and support, to continue serving our area on the City Council again not owing anyone except you, the voter.
Please consider getting to know me if you don't already or getting to know me better if you do.  Also, please share your concerns and your potential solutions for our communities.  We're in this together and together we can make a difference. Email me at monicaratliff2017@gmail.com or give me a call at (818) 925-5797.
Thanks for visiting! See you in the neighborhood.  
                                                         Mónica Mónica Ratliff for City Council 2017: