Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, May 26, 2016

TFA’s Latest PR Stunt | Gary Rubinstein's Blog

TFA’s Latest PR Stunt | Gary Rubinstein's Blog:

TFA’s Latest PR Stunt

Education Week used to be the gold standard in education reporting.  I can remember how proud I was in October 1995 when, at just 25 years old, I got my first ‘published’ article in a ‘real’ publication, Education Week’s Teacher Magazine, for a piece I wrote called ‘Natural Born Teacher.’  Over the next six years, I was always so proud whenever I’d get a piece accepted into either Teacher Magazine or Education Week.
As the internet grew and Twitter gained popularity, I joined and of course followed Education Week.  Though I’ve found Education Week to be generally slanted toward the Reform side, they are not nearly as bad as something like some of the other sites posing as journalism and they do run some columns by people critical of Waiting For Superman style reform.
Earlier this month I started noticing a lot of tweets from Education Week about the amazing work that TFA is doing.