Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Punching Teachers in the Face – a New Low in Presidential Politics. | gadflyonthewallblog

Punching Teachers in the Face – a New Low in Presidential Politics. | gadflyonthewallblog:

Punching Teachers in the Face – a New Low in Presidential Politics.



cc-600x400


Chris Christie wants to punch me in the face.
Gosh!
I’ve never even met the man. I don’t even live in New Jersey!
But in an interview, the Republican presidential candidate told the media that the national teachers union deserves a punch in the face.
Gulp. I guess that means me.
After all, I AM a public school teacher. I DO belong to one of those nefarious teachers unions.
I must deserve it. My colleagues – most of whom are women – and I must be asking for the NJ Governor to bop us on the nose.
Well come on, Governor. Hit me with your best shot!
One day historians may look back on Christie’s statement as a new low in electioneering. And this campaign season, that’s really saying something!
A candidate from one of the major political parties actually thinks threatening teachers with physical violence will gain him votes.
Why?
Look at it from his point of view. Christie is one of 17 Republicans running against each other for the party’s nomination. The first GOP debate is coming up and they’re only going to let the top 10 Republican candidates participate. And Christie’s popularity is low enough that he might get left out in the cold.
What’s a guy to do? Well the frontrunner, Donald Trump, earned his lead by saying Punching Teachers in the Face – a New Low in Presidential Politics. | gadflyonthewallblog: