Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Kindergarten and Technology (Sharon Davison) | Larry Cuban on School Reform and Classroom Practice

Kindergarten and Technology (Sharon Davison) | Larry Cuban on School Reform and Classroom Practice:



Kindergarten and Technology (Sharon Davison)


This post comes from kindergarten teacher Sharon Davison. It was posted on June 17, 2014. I have taken  her self-description from “About” on her blog.
My name is Sharon Davison and I have the pleasure of being a Kindergarten teacher in Vermont. I have been teaching for 25 + years.  During my teaching career I have worked with 1st through 4th grade.  I am now embarking on a new journey… Kindergarten!
Kindergarten is like a breath of fresh air everyday.  Young children are curious and great observers.  They naturally look for patterns, similarities and make connections spontaneously. Kindergarten life was designed and created by me with these ideas in mind.  I love the daily energy and excitement that children bring each day.  This genuine interest and love for learning is what I enjoy the most.  Through a young child’s natural ability to seek out understanding I try to capture this idea to help promote the love of learning.
I use a variety of technologies that help to engage, enhance and inspire children to want to pursue their ideas.  I have found that once you are inspired to learn, you learn how to learn through your ideas about what you understand.  Blogging, wikis, voicethreads, podcasting, ePals and SKYPE are just a few of the technologies that I use to promote the love of learning in Kindergarten.
I value collaboration and innovation.  The world is changing so fast and the Kindergarten and Technology (Sharon Davison) | Larry Cuban on School Reform and Classroom Practice: