Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, December 16, 2013

The rumors of my demise have been marginally exaggerated | Crazy Crawfish's Blog

The rumors of my demise have been marginally exaggerated | Crazy Crawfish's Blog:

The rumors of my demise have been marginally exaggerated

Posted on December 16, 2013

For the Monty Python Lovers. . .

I’m not dead yet!

Many thanks to all of you who have been writing me to find out where I disappeared to, but I am well and still skulking about on the internets. After my last post I had a run-in with the Thanksgiving holidays, relatives and kids out of school to contend with. After that I was feeling a little tired and introspective, and gathering intel on the then recent changes John White had brought to the Common Core tableau: Quite an interesting few tidbits that I will get to later. I was curious to see how that situation evolved before I weighed in on what I found out of hypothesized happened, when some back to back intestinal illnesses swept the household. No one was spared, and it was horrible. I missed all sorts of Christmas parties and celebrations at work and with friends as a result, but learned the immeasurable value of saltines, bland eggs, white toast, and diluted Gatorade. While struggling to overcome these intestinal atrocities visited upon us, we also had to prepare for a cruise we’d booked back March, that had managed to sneak up on us.
We are now returned from that excursion but it left me without an internet connection. I dared not mention anything about the cruise what with all the various social media I’m on these days and the trillions in of secret Nazi gold I have stashed in the house. While floating with stingrays in crystal