Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, November 24, 2013

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: Write 50 Times:"I Will Turn in My Progress Report":Why is This Still Happening?

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: Write 50 Times:"I Will Turn in My Progress Report":Why is This Still Happening?:

Write 50 Times:"I Will Turn in My Progress Report":Why is This Still Happening?

I was talking to my lil sis the other night, and she told me about an incident she had with my nephew's teacher. Keep in mind two things. One, my nephew is a senior in high school. Two, he is a teacher's dream.:)

It all started when my nephew did not turn in his progress report. When it happens in my classroom I have different ways I handle it. I give the student another day, write a note in their agenda book, email or call the parent, or more than likely, have the student call the parent.

The option chosen by my nephew's teacher,  the high school senior AND a teacher's dream, was to write 50 times, "I will bring in my progress report." He refused.

When he told my sister what happened, she backed his decision. I would have done the same thing. She emailed the teacher. She was polite and respectful,  trying to find out what had