Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Who’s in charge here? « Teaching Between the Lines

Who’s in charge here? « Teaching Between the Lines:

Who’s in charge here?



SocialNetworkTomorrow starts Digital Citizenship Week in the middle of Connected Educator Month, and thanks to tech-happy teachers all over the web, I am quite happily connected.  Just a few minutes on the English Companion ning orGoogle+ or Pinterest orTwitter and I’m sure to find a wealth of ideas quite literally at my fingertips
And with a nod to tradition, I still garner great classroom ideas from hard copy magazines that arrive in my curb-side mailbox.  An article in this month’s issue ofLearning & Leading with Technology gave me a great idea to address one of the Common Core State Standards.  Thanks to all those great teachers sharing their great strategies!
English class is about stories: the stories we read and the stories we write.  I am confident that the current push for non-fiction will not bump fiction from its rightful place at the