Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, December 24, 2012

All Education Matters: Prayer for the Indentured Educated Class

All Education Matters: Prayer for the Indentured Educated Class:


Prayer for the Indentured Educated Class

I don't normally write about my religious beliefs, but since this is Christmas Eve, I will share my thoughts about this special season. As a Christian, I am excited about tomorrow. It is on this day, each year, that we come together and remember that hope is alive and well. It is in our churches, around our dinner tables, and with our loved ones, that we are reminded that there is so much possibility for good in this world. We are reminded to treat one another - whether it is a friend or a stranger - with kindness and good will. I realize it is a cliche to say, but we should all be mindful of being kind towards one another every day. It should not be for just a day or for this season. While human beings have a tendency to act selfishly, neglect those they love, and hurt others, we all have the capacity to avoid these types of behavior. In the very least, we can try to do good works each day. Good works can be the simplest of things, like complimenting a stranger or simply opening a door for someone in need. It can also be part of a much bigger, challenging objective, one that you can choose to pursue as a career.

This season, which is imbued with so much joy, opens my heart and allows me to fight harder for the indentured