Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Won’t Back Down Movie Review: My (ex) PTA President’s Point of View « Beccarama

Won’t Back Down Movie Review: My (ex) PTA President’s Point of View « Beccarama:


Won’t Back Down Movie Review: My (ex) PTA President’s Point of View



This week I went to a screening of Won’t Back Down starring Viola Davis andMaggie Gyllenhaal.  The movie is about a mom and a teacher who band together and use the Parent Trigger law (which is never mentioned by name) to take over and turnaround a failing elementary school in Pittsburgh.  The film is loosely based on real events (though in my research I couldn’t find anything other than the Los Angeles based parent trigger law, which was backed by a big charter school organization), and produced by the same man who producedWaiting for Superman. As someone who has been deeply embroiled in the 
*