Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Charter Schools: the Landscape Today

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Charter Schools: the Landscape Today:

Charter Schools: the Landscape Today


This is the last in the series on charter schools. I will have a final piece on what I think it means and what we need to think about for Washington State. I hope that this has been a helpful series.

(I note that I asked the Washington State PTSA about putting up a link about this series and got a busy signal. I will also do a link to LEV's "activist" training about charters which is a fairly skewed affair. Bluntly put, at least this blog making the effort to educate before we advocate.)

The Basics Today:
  • Washington is one of eight states without charters. The others are Alabama, Kentucky, Montana,