Alan Grayson sat quietly, patiently, while Bill Maher’s guests, P.J. O’Rourke and Nicolle Wallace dissed the Occupy Wall Street participants and ridiculed the “bongo drum” atmosphere. At one point, Ms. Wallace revealed her inner fears by wondering aloud how and where the Occupiers relieved themselves. I wondered if she needed a break.

Then it was Grayson’s turn. Watch the audience reaction.

Poor Nicolle, I thought she might pee on the set just worrying about it. It did not occur to her that humans have the capacity to figure out solutions to such normal problems in a few hours, not three weeks later.

I was walking around the tent area at Occupy Bostonyesterday, and an older woman with what I believe to be a British accent asked one of the young occupants, “can you tell me where the loo is?” He looked at her and said, “um, what?” She asked him again, “where’s the loo?”