Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, June 24, 2011

NYC Educator: How to Keep Your Head Comfortable While in the Guillotine

NYC Educator: How to Keep Your Head Comfortable While in the Guillotine

How to Keep Your Head Comfortable While in the Guillotine

I recently had the dubious pleasure of meeting an individual whose job it is to go to closing schools and advise the teachers how to better do their jobs. One teacher I spoke to told me he comes in, walks around, looks at kids' notebooks, and then chides him because the kids don't have enough aims in them. Or he may comment on how much litter there is on the floor. Nonetheless, nothing of any practical assistance is forthcoming from this individual.

So I was surprised to hear him tell someone, "You know, I go into these schools, and they don't appreciate anything. This is why they're in trouble. But they just don't want to hear it."

Actually, I don't blame them. This person's advice is of no value