I originally posted a report on this on EDUCATION WATCH, on 9th. I headed the story: “CA: An education Dept. SWAT raid???”. I added the subhead: “SWAT teams have become America’s Taliban. They can brutalize you without trial and on suspicion only. Now even the Education Dept. is deploying them”

Clearly, what troubled me was the fact of the raid, not its justification. I did note the official claim that the raid was “not related to student loans”.

Earlier today on DISSECTING LEFTISM, I posted a wide-ranging post about the steady transmogrification of the USA into a police state. In that report the claim was repeated that the raid was related to student loan repayments. I included that despite the official denials. Anybody who takes official denials at face value is naive, in my opinion. The claim that student loans were the issue apparently came from the