Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Daily Kos: Why I'm marching on July 30

Daily Kos: Why I'm marching on July 30

Why I'm marching on July 30

Not only because I am a teacher, but because I am an American. Along with others,

For the future of our children, we demand:

Equitable funding for all public school communities

Equitable funding across all public schools and school systems
Full public funding of family and community support services
Full funding for 21st century school and neighborhood libraries
An end to economically and racially re-segregated schools

An end to high stakes testing used for the purpose of student, teacher, and school evaluation

The use of multiple and varied assessments to evaluate students, teachers, and schools
An end pay per test performance for teachers and administrators