Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, April 22, 2011

What Do You Think? | Dailycensored.com

What Do You Think? | Dailycensored.com

What Do You Think?

At sixty-eight, I can only pretty much sit and watch this country come apart. In 1965, I marched on Washington D.C. to end the war in Viet Nam. In 1968 I helped organize busses to go to Wisconsin to stump for McCarthy in the Greater Milwaukee area. Today I can only watch and write about what I see. It is not pretty.

I believe that Americans care about others, but how would anyone know? The “news” pounds us with the GOP/Tea Party solutions to solving a deficit problem the GOP created. It is a deficit problem that they perpetuate with their tax giveaways to individuals earning over $250K a year and corporations. GOOGLE and GE paid less income tax than you probably did. While the rest of America scrambles for the few scheckles that have escaped their grasp, it is no wonder that we are angry. The “news” ignores this and pounds away at the GOP/Tea Party agenda. When they discuss