Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Saturday coffee + Old school. « Fred Klonsky's blog

Saturday coffee. « Fred Klonsky's blog

Saturday coffee.

Technically, Dan Kotowski is not my State Senator. I don’t live in his senate district. I teach there. And I’m the political go-to guy in our local. So Senator Kotowski and I have spoken a few times over the years.

Dan was the first Democrat elected in Park Ridge since before color TV. Maybe ever. I don’t know. But the town has changed in the quarter century I have taught there. Once it was old-time conservative Republican. Now it swings. It went for Obama in 2008.

Last week, when the Senate voted 58 to 0 on the ed reform bill that took away tenure and seniority from

Old school.

Smokey Robinson and the Miracles.