Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, February 20, 2011

School Tech Connect: Del Valle Keynote

School Tech Connect: Del Valle Keynote

Del Valle Keynote

I'm not totally certain I've ever met Jeff Smith, but he's done something interesting here. He's made a simple Keynote presentation and narrated it and then filmed it (Camtasia?) and streamed it on YouTube. It's pretty cool-- just a guy using multimedia and his own voice to advance an argument. I'm pretty sure Jeff and I would disagree on education policy but the point he makes about trust is one I'm totally on board with.

Watch this in full screen.



Not bad! I wish I still had the brainpower to sustain an argument for eleven minutes! Anyway, if you're an educator looking to "flip" your instruction, this is a good model.

And if you're one of the 22 undecided people I talked to today in the 49th ward, you really ought to watch it.