Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Parents: A Rough Transition From Parochial To Public - District 299: Chicago Public Schools Blog

Parents: A Rough Transition From Parochial To Public - District 299: Chicago Public Schools Blog

Parents: A Rough Transition From Parochial To Public

ScreenHunter_78 Sep. 21 12.14.gif

A note sent in from a Beverly/Morgan Park parent: "I recently moved my child from the catholic school to the public school. I'm shocked that there are classes with 40-42 students! We have so many children that are coming into the area attending our schools and are not local residents. From what I'm told our hands are tied so I'm told. We work hard to make sure our children are in a safe and positive environment and have the tax bills to prove it. Now we have people who have only a portion of what we pay in taxes bringing in their children in to fill seats and over crowding at our schools. It is WRONG! Especially when I hear that the schools in their area have empty class rooms... I pay too much for this and to have someone come in on a free ride and not support