Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Edu-Heroes And Their "Aha Moments" - THE DAILY RIFF - Be Smarter. About Education.

Edu-Heroes And Their "Aha Moments" - THE DAILY RIFF - Be Smarter. About Education.

Edu-Heroes And Their "Aha Moments"



"My assessments evolved FROM . . . tell me what you know in a factual recall way
TO show me what you can do with the meanings you've made . . ."
-Jay McTighe 


We absolutely love these short videos (below) from ASCD's recent "Critical Transformations" Conference featuring a few greats in the education world sharing their personal answers to the question, "What was your critical transformation?"

The line-up below:

Carol Ann Tomlinson, author "The Differentiated School" who offers us her revelations such as "There was a time when I was a young teacher where I really thought my worth as a teacher was judged by how much I could cover and how much I could transmit to kids . . ."

Grant Wiggins, co-author "Understanding By Design" - on why he didn't want to be a college professor and what makes him tick . . .

John Merrow, venerable education journalist, who brings up an everyday experience and relates it to what changed his perception of education . . .

Jay McTighe, co-author "Understanding By Design" bridging some