Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, March 21, 2010

SCUSD Observer: The Sup uses the word "blueprint"

SCUSD Observer: The Sup uses the word "blueprint"

The Sup uses the word "blueprint"

Here is the most recent letter from Jonathan Raymond to pink-slipped employees:

March 22, 2010
Dear Colleague:
At Thursday night’s Board meeting, I was thrilled to announce that we plan to send letters out on Monday that will rescind approximately 170 of the layoff notices that were sent out last week. We hope, in the coming weeks, to rescind even more. These rescissions mark a step in the right direction but make no mistake - we still have a long way to go. I understand that this process can be confusing at times and that it can be laden with tremendous anxiety and upset, and my staff and I are available to answer any questions you might have about the status of the process.
The unfortunate truth is that there is no way to avoid some layoffs to balance our fiscal house. The exact number that will be needed is undetermined at this time, but I can tell you that I am doing everything in my power to have as few people as possible be impacted.