Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Larry Levine: I want the California spirit of my childhood back - Sacramento Opinion - Sacramento Editorial | Sacramento Bee


Larry Levine: I want the California spirit of my childhood back - Sacramento Opinion - Sacramento Editorial Sacramento Bee:


"California was a place of soaring hopes and dreams, of optimism and strength. We paid our taxes and enjoyed the fruits of what we sowed. Our community colleges were the envy of the nation; our highway system was unrivaled; we created a conveyance system to move water to build great cities and a giant agricultural economy; our university and state college systems set a standard to which others would aspire. Republican and Democratic legislators put their partisan ideologies aside to focus on what was best for California and its people. Besides, I could play golf in January and drive around with the top down on my car in February."