Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, April 17, 2011

School Tech Connect: The Bleak Future of Teaching In Illinois

School Tech Connect: The Bleak Future of Teaching In Illinois

The Bleak Future of Teaching In Illinois

Recently I fell in love with Soundcloud but I haven't had any audio to try it out. So I went out an filched a speech by Audrey Soglin of IEA posted over at Catalyst. I'm pretty sure I'm in copyright violation territory here, but I went for it anyway.

Audrey is talking about the new teacher evaluation laws here in the Land of Lincoln, among other things. It's a bit of a mishmash, but you can get the general idea. (Audrey doesn't start until a little past the five minute mark.)

Amp20101201crsteacher-evaluation by tbfurman

Audrey is followed by Alicia Winckler of CPS and Adrew Broy, of the charter school world. I haven'