Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Want to Make a Difference? Canvass for Local Candidates You Believe In | gadflyonthewallblog

Want to Make a Difference? Canvass for Local Candidates You Believe In | gadflyonthewallblog

Want to Make a Difference? Canvass for Local Candidates You Believe In

Knock! Knock! Knock!
I stood there on the porch staring at my own knuckles in disbelief.
My 9-year-old daughter was looking up at me with a look like “What did you just do?”
But there was no time to say anything.
The door was opening.
An older gentleman stood in the entryway looking like he had just been stirred from sleep.
“Hello! Is this…” I began and Pam, who was standing next to me filled in the name.
“Yes,” he grumbled.

I introduced the three of us and told the man that we were canvassing his neighborhood for two local candidates running for state legislature.
And then I stopped because I wasn’t sure what to say next.
Luckily Pam jumped in and told him what our candidates stood for – education, healthcare and working families.
“Are these Democrats?” he groused. “I’m done with them. After what they did to that  Continue reading: Want to Make a Difference? Canvass for Local Candidates You Believe In | gadflyonthewallblog