Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, August 22, 2011

Schools Matter: Knoxville Parent Vows to Fight Use of State Test Scores to Determine Student Grades and Placements

Schools Matter: Knoxville Parent Vows to Fight Use of State Test Scores to Determine Student Grades and Placements

Knoxville Parent Vows to Fight Use of State Test Scores to Determine Student Grades and Placements


Looks like Jim McIntyre has started something he might not be able to finish! From a Knoxville parent:
Grades are important. I impress it upon my kids, but I don’t allow it to define them. Unfortunately, this is what the school is doing; in the state of TN, our children are being severely limited by a simple standardized test. Let me explain:
I have a 7th grader who has always achieved academically. She was placed in the gifted programs in elementary school and proceeded into honors classes when she moved into the