Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, August 22, 2011

Top 5 Hashtags for Arne Duncan [And Why I Won't #AskArne Anything] | The Jose Vilson

Top 5 Hashtags for Arne Duncan [And Why I Won't #AskArne Anything] | The Jose Vilson

Top 5 Hashtags for Arne Duncan [And Why I Won't #AskArne Anything]

Arne Duncan

The last time I had a chance to interact with Secretary of Education Arne Duncan happened not too long ago over an Elluminate session where some of the best and brightest educators interacted with him and some of his advisers. What transpired gave me a different level of understanding of the bureaucracy that happens in American politics as a whole. Even if you can build the type of cache with the right people, and have the right conversations, and facilitate it the best way possible, the person at the top, prepared with every and all types of responses, will give you the blandest, cellophane response. Some politicians are in their posts for a reason: they