Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, August 22, 2011

All Education Matters: AEM's Agenda, August 22: Plexus Consulting, Congressman Hansen Clarke's Office, and SparkAction.org

All Education Matters: AEM's Agenda, August 22: Plexus Consulting, Congressman Hansen Clarke's Office, and SparkAction.org

AEM's Agenda, August 22: Plexus Consulting, Congressman Hansen Clarke's Office, and SparkAction.org

I am headed to the Hill today with a proposal in hand. It offers a multi-solution approach. First up? A lunch meeting at Steve Worth's office. (I am an education consultant for his company, Plexus Consulting). After that, I am headed to the Hill to meet with Congressman Hansen Clarke's aides about his proposal to forgive student loan debt. After that, I'm hooking up with a great - and superbly funny - woman who works at an awesome org,Spark Action.

Once I've ironed out the details for the proposal, I'll post that document online.

On a personal note, it feels great to be back. I feel like I'm home, and can't wait to relocate to the east coast again. Incidentally, our flight to DC was absurd. We were scheduled to fly from Dallas to National, but DC was hit