Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, August 22, 2011

A worm in the Apple for teachers « Failing Schools

A worm in the Apple for teachers « Failing Schools

A worm in the Apple for teachers

AUGUST 22, 2011
by mariasallee

Recently I stopped at a mall with one of my daughters for a quick trip to a particular store. By chance, I passed by the Apple store and saw a poster that instantly raised my blood pressure. Young teen in tow, I stopped short, marched into the store, and requested of the nearest store employee the contact information for the Apple customer relations department. The poor guy asked if he could help but I calmly explained that he probably couldn’t. I was infuriated by the poster suggesting that Apple was “helping” teachers in low-income schools because it is teaming with Teach for America to donate iPads to TFA employees. Uh, Apple, if you really want to help