Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, May 1, 2021

THE NEW ABNORMAL HAS IT’S PLUSSES – Dad Gone Wild

THE NEW ABNORMAL HAS IT’S PLUSSES – Dad Gone Wild
THE NEW ABNORMAL HAS IT’S PLUSSES


“The mind can calculate, but the spirit yearns, and the heart knows what the heart knows”
― Stephen King

Clipping the leash to the dog, I check that I have the necessary plastic bag in my pocket. Once verified, I call out to my 10-year old son, “You about ready?”

“We going now?”, he responds from the living room, “Coming.”

It’s 7:45 and in a normal year, we’d be rushing to get him and his sister out the door to school. It’d be a flurry of activity – breakfasts grabbed, hair combed, homework checked. This year though, they’ve been remote all year,  so when class starts at 9, they only have to travel across the house instead of crosstown. traffic is always minimal.

With dod in tow, we head out the door and down the stairs. As we cross the lawn, another voice calls out, “Hey, wait for me. I’m coming.”

It’s his soon-to-be 12-year old sister, today she has deemed us worthy of her presence. She just started a new book – They Both Die at the End – and can barely contain her urgency to tell me all CONTINUE READING: THE NEW ABNORMAL HAS IT’S PLUSSES – Dad Gone Wild