Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Jersey Jazzman: Krugman is Not a "Nice Guy"

Jersey Jazzman: Krugman is Not a "Nice Guy"

Krugman is Not a "Nice Guy"

I posted earlier about how I really don't care if Chris Christie is really a "nice guy" behind the scenes or not. He's messing with my career, pushing policies that are destructive, and denigrating my profession. It doesn't matter what he does in private if that's what he does publicly.

Paul Krugman, surveying the national scene, puts it better than I could:
But the main point is, what are we supposed to have a civil discussion about? The truth is that the two parties have both utterly different goals and utterly different views about how the world works.
It’s not nice to say this (but the truth is rarely nice): whatever they may say, Republicans are