Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Are You Ready? | Dailycensored.com

Are You Ready? | Dailycensored.com

Are You Ready?

Remember when we used to say, “Don’t trust anyone over thirty?” Well, I have a new mantra. Like Mulder said, “Trust no one.”

I was really excited to hear about “Coffee Party USA.” I signed up. And then, I went to their site. It is really polished. It talks about lots of action and it speaks to education. There I found a “disconnect.”

Their model indicates the military is 27.3% of the budget and that medical is 21.5%. I pose the same questions to them that I did to the White House. I could not see, in their description, anything attributable to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan or the “action” in Libya. When those costs are added, the military portion becomes much larger, indeed.

When I look at the actual funding for the wars and their accounting, I see “nothing” under veterans. I can only then assume that “veterans health” is covered somewhere else. Stop. The cost of repairing lost limbs, PTSD